an in-person workshop (also hybrid via Zoom)
Dr. Richard Erskine, a well-known TA teacher, the only three-time winner of the Eric Berne Award for the development of TA and the founder of Relational Integrative Psychotherapy, after seven successfully held online seminars over the past three years – will held an in person workshop on May 23, 24 and 25, 2024 and (the number of places in the conference room is limited), also a hybrid one via the app. Zoom.
Seminar will be organized by the Specialist psychiatry outpatient office “Bubera“, National Association for Transactional Analysis of Serbia – NATAS, Association “Belcounsel” and Via Mea PR consulting services.
In accordance with the previous positive practice and the results of the previous evaluations of online educations that we organized with Dr. Erskine, as well as the great response of professionals in the field of mental health, we continue to organize educations with Dr. Richard G. Erskine, the doyen of psychotherapy theory and practice worldwide, who in an extremely receptive manner shapes and conveys theoretical concepts and discusses, analyzes and supervises examples from practice with the participants.
We invite all professionals in the field of mental health, psychotherapists and educators of various psychotherapy approaches to apply for this education, especially participants of Transactional Analysis, Integrative Psychotherapy, Gestalt Therapy, Body Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis.
This time the focus of the seminar will be on live demonstrations of Erskine’s theory and methods of Integrative Transactional Analysis and Developmentally based, relationally focused in depth Integrative Psychotherapy and will include several presentations on the theory and methods of Developmentally Based Relational Integrative Psychotherapy.
Besides lectures on the theory and methods of an in depth psychotherapy, Dr. Erskine will present several live demonstrations of the method on volunteers as “clients”, which will highlight various psychotherapy methods that resolve childhood trauma and cumulative neglect, and in the same time will be focusing on the centrality of the therapeutic relationship. The live demonstrations will be followed by group discussions in the conference room about the theory and use of the methods, alternative ways of working and considerations about the possible further course of therapy for the “client”.
Topics to be covered will include:
- unconscious relational patterns and physiological survival reactions;
- recognizing of trauma symptoms;
- concepts of cumulative relational neglect;
- developmental attunement to the age of neglect and trauma;
- attachment disruptions and non-verbal communication of relational neglect and trauma;
- providing security for facilitating safe age regression;
- therapeutic use of developmental images;
- deconfusing of the Child ego states;
- identifying relational needs and how they are manifested at each developmental age;
- responding to the client’s unrequited needs; and
- methods that facilitate the client’s integration of physiology, affect, cognition, and behaviour.
This workshop will be in English with consecutive non-professional* translation into Serbian. You can read what consecutive translation is here
If you can’t attend in person, please join us via Zoom!
We will be using Zoom to offer passive online access to the workshop for participants who are unable to attend in person.
We are aware that there is great interest in Dr Erskine’s workshops and that these are challenging times and many colleagues are unable to attend in person.
We want to include all of you for whom this will be the only way to attend a demonstration of this unique form of psychotherapy method by Dr. Richard Erskine and be a part of this exciting learning experience.
Do you have a group of participants who does not speak English or Serbian?
If so, we can arrange to equip your translator with professional translation equipment so that you can follow this workshop in your own language!
Please contact us for details.
* Dr Erskine insists on consecutive translation as another opportunity for attunement at work in the translation process, where the lecturer and translator “dance together to make an art”. The translators are not professional translators, but fellow professionals in the field of psychotherapy, because such translators proved to be in many ways better for translations this type and content of seminars, than professional translators who have no knowledge and experience in the field of psychotherapy.
Below you can find:
- What will be the difference between attending “in person” and attending “online” seminar regarding the professional content of the seminar and what is the contract for attending the seminar and recording the seminar
- In addition to these differences, what else is organized for live participants?
- IMPORTANT: accompanying educational, test, evaluation material and certificates
- Information about the registration fees for online and in person participation
- Discount policy and conditions for group registration
- Information about translation into other languages (except Serbian) if you have your own translator
- Cancellation policy by the organizers and participants, general conditions of the seminar for all participants, informed consent for the recording of the seminar for the recording of the seminar, conditions for concluding a contract on participation and copyright notice and restrictions
- Application form
- Information on benefits for air transportation
- Information from the Tourist Organization of Belgrade for participants of the seminar about additional benefits and where and how you can look for accommodation in the case you need it
What will be the difference between attending “in person” and attending “online” regarding the professional content of the seminar and what is the contract for attending the seminar and recording the seminar
The differences relate primarily to the possibility of active (in-person) and passive (online) presence, as well as the way in which in-person or online participants will see the audio and video output, as well as photo/audio/video recordings.
Some of the participants of the live seminar will be able, if they wish, to volunteer as “clients” for Dr. Erskine to demonstrate his way and method of work with them.
All participants of the seminar hereby are informed that giving informed consent (the informed consent to the recording), is a prerequisite condition for concluding a contract, i.e. participation in the seminar.
You can view the informed consent form for recording the seminar here.
In order for seminar participants who will participating in person, to be enabled to see and hear what is happening during the demonstrations, the seminar will be audio and video recorded with two cameras, as follows:
1. Camera no. 1. will record:
- video by Dr. Richard Erskine
- video flipchart/slides with the presentation, if any
- video of “clients” with whom Dr. Richard Erskine demonstrates “from behind, back” so that their faces are not visible.
- In the eventual case of working with a small group where there is an unlikely possibility to see the face of one of the members of the small group, the face(s) will be blurred in the recording that remains as a permanent record after the seminar.
- the videos made in this way and subsequently processed will be included in the permanent video recording of the seminar
- audio output and recordings from this camera and/or microphone that will record the “client/clients” will be broadcasted both in the conference room and online and will enter the permanent audio seminar recording
2. Camera no. 2. will record:
- occasionally to the audience – during questioning and discussion
- both Dr. Erskine and the “client” with whom Dr. Richard Erskine is performing the demonstration
- video output recordings from this camera will be broadcasted only in the conference room where the seminar is held and will not be distributed to the Zoom meeting where the hybrid, online part of the seminar will be held and will not enter the permanent recording of the seminar, except for the “clients” who will be able to get only this part of the recording from camera no. 2 in personal possession, permanently on which their piece of personal work with Dr. Erskine was recorded, as stated in the informed consent for the recording of the seminar.
- audio output and recordings from this camera and/or microphone that will record the “client/clients” will be broadcasted both in the conference room and online and will enter the permanent seminar recording.
This practically means that the participants who will attend in-person will be able to see and hear how the process of demonstration of the therapeutic method proceeds, they will be able to see the lecturer and the “client” with whom the demonstration is being performed, the flipchart/slides and the audience during the questioning and discussion with the help of conference audio/video equipment.
While the participants who attend online via Zoom will be able to watch the video of the lecturer and the slides/flipchart all the time, and will not be able to watch the video of the “clients” or the audience; they will be able to audio follow (hear) lectures and demonstrations with “clients” and questions and discussion with the audience.
The part of the permanent video recording will be from camera no. 1 and audio from both cameras and all microphones. Only the “clients” whose work was recorded will be able to obtain the part of the permanent audio and video from camera no. 2 showing the work of the “client” with Dr. Erskine.
This organization of the video output enables the protection of the client’s image and prevents its recording by the participants.
Also, for enhanced anonymity protection, Dr. Erskine will address all male volunteers as John and all female volunteers as Jane. (If we work with a small group, the numbers 1,2,3,4, etc. will be added to these names to distinguish the participants.)
Participants who will attend the seminar in person in the conference room , will be able to ask questions and discuss with the lecturer, as well as other participants about the topics that will arise related to the theoretical concepts and practical demonstrations presented during the seminar, in the time provided for questions and discussion.
Online participants via Zoom will not be able to register as “clients” for the demonstration of working methods with the lecturer. They will be able to ask questions exclusively in the chat via Zoom, which will be monitored by one of the organizer’s staff.
Online participants are not guaranteed that their questions will be included in the seminar and only if there is time and space, those questions will be included in the discussion with the lecturer and other participants through the organizer’s staff.
In addition to these differences, what else is organized for live participants?
Seminar participants who will attend in person seminar in Belgrade at the “M” hotel, where the seminar will be held, are provided for all three days of the seminar with (included in price): one break in the morning and one in the afternoon, during which they will be served: juice, water, coffee, tea, salty and sweet pastries, as well as joint lunch.
In case there are additional benefits, they will be announced here later.
IMPORTANT: accompanying educational, evaluation material, tests and certificates
All participants of the seminar, whether they attend “in person” or online, are informed and aware of the fact that the price of the education of 299 €/ 35.880 RSD online and 469€/ 56.280RSD in-person does not include the following additional material – lecturer’s presentation, hand-outs, audio and video recording of the education (except for the previously mentioned recordings for “clients”).
For education in terms of preparation for the knowledge test, appropriate texts on the core concepts and methods of Integrative Transactional Analysis will be provided, which will be delivered to all participants before the start of the seminar by email in Serbian or English.
The knowledge test and evaluation in Serbian or English are required to be done by all seminar participants without exception, and their location on the Internet will be provided before the beginning of the seminar.
All participants are informed that if they do not complete the knowledge test and the evaluation questionnaire, THEY WILL NOT RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF SEMINAR ATTENDANCE due to the rules that apply to all accredited continuing education programs, according to the KE regulations.
The certificate of attendance of the seminar will be sent to all participants by email only after they have completed the evaluation questionnaire and the knowledge test.
There is a possibility of translation to some other languages, if the translators (for those languages) agree to translate the texts, knowledge tests and evaluation into their own languages, which we will inform you about later on this same place on our websites.
The seminar will be submitted for accreditation to the Health Council of Serbia, Chamber od physicians of Serbia and Chamber of dentists in January, and if accredited, the number of points for participation in the seminar will be published later on this same place on our websites.
All participants who complete the evaluation questionnaire and knowledge test receive a certificate of 15 hours of psychotherapy education with Dr. Richard Erskine by email. If accredited, also the CE credits by HC, CPh or CD of Serbia.
Price for in-person attendance: €469 / RSD 56,280 – the number of seats in the conference hall is limited
The reservation of seats for live attendance will be made in the order in which the full registration fee for attending in-person is paid.
Price for attending online: €299 / RSD 35,880 – the number of participants is not limited
Discount policy and terms and conditions for group registration
Discounts are only available for group applications and group payments (see terms and conditions*)
|Discount per member||Number of group members||Number of group members||Number of group members|
|Type of participation and registration fee||≥10||≥20||≥30|
|Online 299€ / 35.880-RSD||12€ / 1.440-RSD||20€ / 2.400-RSD||29€ / 3.480-RSD|
|In-person 469€ / 56.280-RSD||20€ / 2.400-RSD||35€ / 3.000-RSD||49€ / 5.880-RSD|
Conditions for obtaining a discount:
- the group representative submits a list that should contain the names, surnames, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of all group members
- all members of the group must fill out the application form and agree to the general terms and conditions, informed consent for seminar recording, conditions for entering into seminar participation contract, copyright notice and restrictions and the cancellation policy
- payment is made exclusively as the total amount for all group members in one payment according to the pro forma invoice received from the organizer (successive payments are not possible).
Information about translation into other languages (except Serbian) if you have your own translator
If you have a translator in your own language, which is different from Serbian, for online participants, a special translation channel is provided. The maximum number of channels, and therefore languages, is 10, but if there are additional languages, we will try to solve that problem with a little goodwill.
For in person participants, a “tour guide system” will be provided, which means that participants will listen to their interpreter through tour guide system headphones.
If you have an interpreter in your language, regardless of whether you are coming in person or attending the meeting online, please contact us so that we can provide the technical conditions in time.
Cancellation policy by organizers and participants, general terms and conditions of the seminar, informed consent for the recording of the seminar, conditions for concluding the seminar participation contract and copyright notice and restrictions
All seminar participants are informed that consent to the recording, i.e. giving informed consent, is a condition for concluding a contract, i.e. participation in the seminar, and that in the event of revocation of this consent, they are not entitled to a refund of the registration fee they have paid to the organizer of the seminar.
You can view the informed consent form for recording the seminar here.
You can read the copyright notice and restrictions here.
All seminar participants, online and in-person, upon registration must agree to the general terms and conditions, informed consent for recording the seminar, cancellation policy and copyright notice and restrictions.
Information about benefits for air transportation by Air Serbia
A 15% discount for economy class or a 20% discount for business class is provided if you book and buy airline tickets through the Air Serbia website (except for flights to Russia). You will receive instructions for obtaining a discount when purchasing tickets and a promo code upon request from the seminar organizer after payment of the registration fee.
- This discount can be used only to purchase tickets from December 01st, 2023 until May 22nd, 2024.
- The discount is valid only on Air Serbia flights (except Russia), one way and return.
- Maximum ticket validity is until May 2024.
- Last day for travel is May 31st, 2024.
Information from the Tourist Organization of Belgrade for participants of the seminar about additional benefits and where and how you can look for accommodation if you need it
Will be published later (by the end of December 2023).
On our website you can join our mailing list to receive news or join the NATAS FB page https://www.facebook.com/natasrbije
For more information contact:
Phone/Text/Viber/WhatsApp. +38 163 249 239
Dr. Richard G. Erskine is a clinical psychologist and director of training at the Institute for Integrative Psychotherapy.
Originally trained in child therapy, then inof client-centered therapy, Dr. Erskine is also trained in Gestalt therapy with Fritz and Laura Perls.
He is a certified clinical Transactional Analyst and licensed Psychoanalyst specializing in psychoanalytic self-psychology and object relations theory. He is also Teaching and supervising Transactional Analyst.
His work is an integration of these concepts and fifty years of clinical experience that includes working with children with various disorders, maximum security prison inmates, clients with narcissistic and borderline disorders, post-traumatic stress syndrome, and dissociative identity disorders.
Recently, his research and clinical practice have focused on the treatment of schizoid process and on the psychotherapy of obsessions.
He is the author of several books and a series of articles on the theory and methods of psychotherapy. His best-selling book (with Jane Morsund and Rebecca Troutman) is “Beyond Empathy: Relational Contact Therapy” (1999, Brunner/Mazel). He recently published “The Art and Science of Relationships – The Practice of Integrative Psychotherapy” 2022, “Early Affective Confusion – Relational Psychotherapy for Borderline Clients” 2021 (which was translated and published in Serbia in 2023 under the title “Early Emotional Confusion”, Publisher “Clio”), “Healing Relationship: Comments of therapeutic dialogues” 2020, and a book on the Schizoid Process in 2023, which is in process of translating and is planned to be published in Serbian in 2024 by the same publisher.